Control and Instrumentation Technician
My Client are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, They put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Dunbar Facility for a Control and Instrumentation Technician to join our team, working 45 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
What will I be responsible for?
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all the Controls & Instrumentation equipment at the Dunbar ERF Plant, providing support to other disciplines as necessary using experience and skills. Your duties include:
- This position will require response to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours and outside of normal working hours
- This role requires a flexible approach to ensure that vital work is achieved timely and accurately
- Identification and resolution of problems, escalation to management in a timely fashion
- Ensure maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant
The ideal Maintenance Technician - Controls and Instrumentation will have:
- Understanding of Environmental and H&S issues and their impacts
- Experience in Control & Instrumentation engineering within process industry or power plants
- Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management systems
- Possess appropriate technical qualifications City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent)
In return for your hard work as a Maintenance Technician - Controls and Instrumentation, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity for personal development. You will be working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.